QuaxiDanto

QuaxiDanto: If you speak K'ekchi, you know what it means, but don’t understand. K'ekchi is a Mayan dialect spoken in, among other places, Belize. I made several extended trips into the high bush in southern Belize at the end of the last century with a bunch of K'ekchis who gave me the nickname Danto, which means Tapir. That name had been taken so I added the modifier Quaxi, which means crazy. What does CrazyTapir mean as far as the title of my blog? Whatever!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

I am an enigmatic anachronism, facing the world jaded and uncomfortably impressed. My chosen profession is archaeology, which turns out to be way more tedious than cool. I race yachts, hang with the bohemian artist crowd, and vacation at ancient Maya cities. Its no wonder I usually feel out of place, and am oh-so-pleased to be different (even if it is not in a good way). Why TOC?: I was participating through emails in a call-in radio show that didn’t accept phone calls (it’s college radio, which covers a multitude of sins). The host had a friend named Chuck who also wrote into the show so they started referring to me as “the other Chuck.” I started signing my emails TOC (The Other Chuck). A little later I started posting to a blog that was running live during the next program in the lineup and then a couple of other places and have just kind of stuck with it as a screen name. Again, whatever dude.

Friday, October 28, 2005

FAMSI Report

I just got an email from Keith, one of the PIs on the project in Belize, with a link to the Uxbenka Report for the 2005 field season. I have not read it. I don’t have time to, which coincidently is a big part of why I have not blogged in the past few weeks. The tedium of my job is getting overwhelming. I am currently juggling six projects, Blah, Blah and the excuses roll on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home